Smart Lipo Laser Lipolysis of Abdomen and Flanks
The Smartlipo Laser lipolysis procedure is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that Dr Gulinson has been specially trained in from cosmetic surgeons in Beverly Hills and Monterrey California. Utilizing the revolutionary tumescent technique for this procedure, we are able to provide incredible results during an awake procedure for the patient. Areas of fat deposits that don’t respond well to exercise and dietary program can be targeted specifically by the laser itself. Furthermore, while lysing the fat cells the smartlipo laser concurrently coagulates and treats underneath the skin which can result in dramatic skin tightening. Dr Gulinson believes in the Tumescent Technique as the safest modality for liposculpting and body contouring and has received extra certification to be able to offer this procedure which is now accepted as the worldwide standard of care.
With Tumescent Technique Liposuction/Liposculpture one can expect better results, quicker recovery and a minimized downtime with most returning to work in 2 days and to exercise in 4-5days. The small cannulas allow for this to be considered an artistic procedure rather than simply a cosmetic surgery!
Dr Gulinson is specially trained in Laser Liposuction of the abdomen and waist.
Here is the procedure in a small summary!
- Local tumescent anesthesia is used (you’re awake during the procedure)
- A tiny incision is made, about the size of the tip of a pen
- The Smartlipo laser fiber is inserted through a very small tube into your body
- The laser ruptures the fat cell membranes
- The fat cells are permanently destroyed
- The liquefied fat is gently suctioned out
- New Collagen is produced resulting in skin tightening
Typically, only one treatment is required dependent on the number of areas to be treated. Results may vary, but usually can be seen within a week, with continued improvement over three to six months.